Sunday, July 11, 2004

Buffett Concert



I didn't really do anything all day until I had to go to work at Alpine. The show tonight was Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band, which is always fun because everyone dresses up and gets into it. Except, of course, this new girl they stuck in my stand for today (and hopefully never again). She was such a drag!

To put it in perspective, when Jamie and I worked at Phish alone on Friday night, we raked in more for tips than we did tonight (which should have been better based on the crowd alone) because this girl was so bad. She would yell at customers and was just NOT the kind of person you wanted to deal with after waiting in line as long as you have to at my station.

Then, of course, at the end of the night, my stand wouldn't balance. When ee started, we were $780 short, then we were about $106 over, then we were $1,300 short, and $261 finally short. After our last count, we ended the night still being $93.75 short, so with our allotted 1/2% leeway (over or under), as a stand we still owed $55. Damn Alpine. We just decided to pay it and get the hell out of there.

I really wish I could go to bed because my body is so exhausted, but while we were wrestling empty kegs in the cooler and recounting and recounting everything, I endulged in a Red Bull, which is preventing me from my oh-so-desirable bed for the time being.

Oh yeah, and the show was great, as all Buffett shows seem to be. I wanted to take some more cool stuff, but all I ended up with was a penant (pulled from one of those long strings) and the "Caronita" semi-festive-but-not-really-that-cool bucket they gave us for limes. I had my eye on a sweet poster and an inflatable Margaritaville Tequila bottle at the very least, and I got none of the above. Sadness. And Aaron, that means I wasn't able to get anything for you either. Sorry.

I guess that's all for now. I'm going to go try to wind down...

No comments: