Saturday, July 10, 2004

I've gotta keep on top of these posts a little better...

I have so much to say, but I hate making such long posts. I'll try to break it up as much as possible, so here goes: (Oh, and you're going to have to deal with lack of spell-checking or proofreading again, cuz I'm lazy)

WEDNESDAY:
Today was a pretty good day. I woke up to a phone call from my inebriated buddy who was doing as best she could to drive home and get ready for work. I talked to her from wherever she was leaving until she got home, then was too awake to go back to bed. No biggie though. If I had something I could have been doing to be productive, I could have gotten it done. But I didn’t have anything to do, as usual. I decided to go for a run, but it was raining, and I’m really not a big fan of rain, as most who know me are well aware. So instead I just did a little cardio workout, some abs, and some short sprints…all in my basement. Yay for free space.

So I took a shower and tried to decide what to do with the rest of my day. TV was the best and most obvious answer. After feeling like a bum for sitting in front of the boob tube, and talking on the phone for so long, I decided to take a little walk up my gauntlet of a driveway (damn bugs) to get the mail. Just as I walked out the garage door, Alex calls and keeps me company while I dodge the flying, blood-hungry pests that oh-so-conveniently surround my entire living area. As I walk down the hill, we’re still talking, and he tells me to look behind me, and who’s in my driveway but my boy. Oh that made my day. :-D

He stayed for about 5, 5 1/2 hours, which was sweet, then he had to go home. I decided to round up some friends (Okay, Emily and Katie: it’s difficult to round up a bunch of people in a town this size) and we headed up to Ripon to celebrate Noah’s Birthday. Oh yeah, and Noah was passed out when we got there…

Katie decided to go home after a few hours cuz she had to work so early in the morning, but when you arrive at 11:30 that happens. Everyone had a good time, I lost a bet, I stole some random guy’s ID, and we went to bed.

THURSDAY:
In the morning a bunch of us went to Kristina’s, this pimp little restaurant in Ripon, just down the street from Al’s apartment. We had the waitress with 6 fingers on her right hand. Nice lady.

After breakfast I game Emily the grand tour of campus, which took no more than 7 minutes flat, I’m sure, including the pit stop at Bob’s house. As Emily and I drove back to East Trizzle, we noted that it was kind of a nice day out; since we both had nothing to do anyway, we decided to lake it up for a while. We stopped by this house that my parents are looking at and peeked around. I like it. Well, the outside anyway, except the weird color. It’s indescribably ugly. We tried to see the inside, so I called the realitor, and he took the liberty of blowing us off royally. Like, “I’ll be there in a half hour to 45 minutes;” 45 minutes later, “I’d say maybe another half hour tops,” and 4 hours after my initial quoted time, still no call. What an ass.

We came back to my house and docked the boat, then I hurried up and got ready for volleyball. Man, we kicked some major ass. Well, we won. We played the number 2 team, and beat them, so that’s exciting. We’re first, by the way, so things are looking pretty good. I looked for the standings online, but no luck.

Afterward we hung out at Lefty’s house with some Franklin people and Troy and Katie and I from volleyball. That was a good time. Went to bed after 6 AM, then Katie woke me up at 10:30. Ug

FRIDAY:
I showered when I got home and was too tired to do anything but plop down in front of the TV. Maybe 1/2 hour into my viewing laziness, something decides that there will no longer be a picture on the screen, and I will have to watch Elimidate by guessing which catty voice belongs to which player. I tried this for a while, and then decided it was too much work. Nap time…for about 3 hours or so.

I woke up just in time to help my parents unpack the boat and the truck. Then we launched the boat, and I was volunteered to drive the boat to the lift. But as fate would have it, my dad and his bad time management had to run off, leaving the entire boat putting-away-the-boat process to me, myself, and I. Yeah, that made me happy, NOT.

I decided the only cure for my woes was some pizza, so I fired up the good ol oven. Pizza was great (Digiorno, of course), as was eating it in front of the TV while I was on the phone. (Hmm, I see a pattern developing…)

Eventually Emily, Aaron, and I got to Bastille Days to meet up with John and Jeff. Immediately when we got there, I tackled John from behind and he dropped most all of his beer. I felt pretty bad, but it was also pretty funny. Emily and I decided to look around at the shops, but we got there so late they were already all closing. That’s a sad site for a shopoholic like me. We went home shortly after because plans fell through for staying at Elise’s. Oh well, we’ll all see each other tomorrow.



Speaking of “tomorrow,” good luck to Aaron, first of all, trying to get up at 7:30, then good luck also in your soccer tournament.



And now I’m going to bed, because I’m still tired.

No comments: