Monday, July 05, 2004

Weekend Update

Here's an outline of my weekend. You all can request more detail individually, but this is the jist:

FRIDAY:
Started the day off by going shopping with Emily at Mayfair. Got some great stuff. Then we picked up Aaron and his friends Justin and Steve and headed to John's apartment in Milwaukee. There we met Jeff and Rachel and Rachel's friend (and John of course), then we all finally went to Summerfest. We headed over to the North Shore Bank stage to see Dashboard Confessional, but for some reason their show was ending early, and with all the delays getting there, we got there just in time to see everyone filing out of the North Shore Bank Stage Area. That was junk, but it was still fun cuz it was John's and Summerfest.

SATURDAY:
Emily had to work at 10 back in ET, so we woke up early to get her back in plenty of time. On the way home from Summerfest last time, we went the wrong way and ended up having to back track to take Aaron home. Wanting to be more efficient this time, we took a different way and ended up getting a little...okay...pretty lost in Milwaukee and the surrounding areas.

When we finally got back on track I informed Aaron that I didn't have time to take him home because I had to get Emily to work with minimum tardiness. Luckily she was only about 15 min late, and she'd called in and guessed a half hour, so we were in the clear. Aaron and I hung out until I had to go to work, when he decided to continue hanging out on his own. I felt a little bad about that, but it's not the worst of all kidnappings. I mean, he got grilled cheese out of the deal... Anyway, I can home after work and headed to Appleton. We arrived about 1 AM, hung out for a while, and then went to bed.

SUNDAY:
We woke up, and I (being the incredibly domestic person that I am) made everyone eggs and bacon and toast with OJ. yum yum! Then Anneli had to work, so Aaron and I headed to Price's in Oshkosh and hung out with his dad and some friends of his family. When we came in from the lake, Price's dad wanted a chance to use his new grill, so he cooked up some awesome steaks, which we had with some corn on the cob and potatoes and strawberries. also yum yum.

After dinner we cleaned up and went back on the boat. Watching the fireworks from the boat was awesome. They would fall right over us. I've never done that before. Very cool. After the show, we went back to the dock and met up with some of Price's other friends from Oshkosh. They were fun too, and Anneli came when she was done with work in Appleton.

MONDAY:
When we woke up we decided to go to some Chinese Buffet for brunch after meeting up with Bob and Mary. For the third time in a row, yum. I was pleasantly shocked. I had to open the bar again this week, so I headed to Roma's for a glorious 1.9 hour shift where I made 4 drinks and $2.00 in tips. Watch out world! Since I was done around quarter after 5, I called up Emily and she and I went to an interesting little shindig at Jenny's. Anneli, if you're reading this, remind me to mention it to you. Home around 10 or so, and hung out and talked to the boy in between writing this. Now I'm catching up on North Shore (I can't decide if I like the show or not...it's hard to make something good from a rip off show) before I go to bed.



* Disclaimer: This, too, was long and stream-of-consciousness. Again, deal.

No comments: