Sunday, July 18, 2004

Adventures

WEDNESDAY:
So tonight after a successful night at Roma's, I decided to drive up to Ripon and meet up with Anneli and Aaron at Noah's apartment. Turns out a bunch of other Ripon people were in the area too, so it was a pretty good hanging out-size. Brady, Tara, Carson, Chris, Trina, Jamie, and Alex were all there too. So that was pretty cool.

THURSDAY:
This morning I had to wake up early to go to Madison for an audition for some Hospital TV commercial. That was easy, but a weird audition. I also got some more information on doing promo work at the Greater Milwaukee Open.

After my audition and lunch on State St., I drove Aaron back to his house. I found out I need khakis for this GMO thing, but I couldn't get a hold of anyone to meet me at the mall and go shopping.

At 6:30 we had another volleyball game at Kelly's. We ended up having to play with 5, but still played awesome. We won all three games again, and got a free pizza. What a payoff.

I was so tired from getting to bed late Wednesday and having to get up early on Thursday that we just came home. I wrote some OC letters and went to bed.

FRIDAY:
I had a dentist appointment this morning. That damn lady who cleaned my teeth should have been fired! She stabbed me in the gums probably a dozen times with that sharp metal thing they use to clean your teeth -- oh, she got me once in the chin too. Then she laughs it off and says, "You have slippery saliva!" Is there any other kind? Sorry! My gums were in pain all day and part of Saturday. Oh, but no cavities. Boo yah.

I came home after a quick Wal-Mart stop for the parents post dental abuse. Anneli was coming today to visit for the weekend, and she, of course, had beaten me home. My parents called us to have us put bring the ski equipment down to the pier, so we did all that in hopes we'd be on our way out to the lake soon. Nope. It took us so long to get out there that I only had about an hour before I had to come back in and get ready for work.

I did get a wakeboarding run in, however, right after I finished applying tanning oil. Luckily for me our wakeboarding rope doesn't have grips on the handle. Usually I like that, but my hands were covered in oil, which made my first wakeboard run of the season extra-difficult with the added necessity of a death grip on the handle.

After Anneli took a run and had slightly lesser yet comparable grip problems, I jumped onto shore and drove back to my house to get ready. Anneli and my parents brought the boat in at just about the perfect time for me to be to work on time. Of course that didn't happen. I was about a 1/2 hour late, but there were 2 hostesses tonight, so it wasn't too bad.
After work we had made plans with John to hang out with him and stay at his apartment.

We lucked out that Anneli has friends in the area, because when we called John he said he was on his way home from a baseball game and that he’d be home in about an hour. We hung out with Anneli’s friends for a while (a couple hours) and called John back. He said he’d gotten sidetracked, but he’d definitely be at his apartment in the next half hour. Another hour or so passes while we’re with Anneli’s friends, and we finally decide we’re ready to leave and go to John’s. Just to make sure he’s there, we give him a call again. He says he’s walking to his apartment as we speak and he’ll be there in no more than 20 minutes. We wait a little while, then leave to go meet John.

We get to John’s apartment and buzz and buzz and buzz his room to let us in. Nothing. We call; his cell phone is off or dead. Just then I turn around to see blinking lights. It’s the man who goes around distributing parking tickets. I go out there and ask him where we’re allowed to park overnight. I’m informed I can park on the other side of the street if I have a permit. I ask where I can park overnight if I DON’T have a permit, and he informs me in the snottiest way possible that he’s not a valet and doesn’t park people’s cars for them. I replied as nicely as possible that I didn’t want him to park my car for me, I was just wondering where overnight parking is allowed. He goes on a rant about how there are many different people issuing parking tickets at this time -- parking people like him, public safety, and police -- so he really couldn’t tell me. That was the jist, but it must have taken him about 10 minutes just on that. SO I tell him I’m going to move my car, and continuing his power-trip, he informs me that he is going to wait right here until I do.

I get Anneli and Aaron from the lobby of John’s apartment, and we pile in the car to go somewhere else. By this time I’m pretty upset at John because of the broken plans that were made by him about a week ago. I won’t even go into how much I hate broken plans again. We dicide just to drive back to East Troy and sleep at my house.

I ask Aaron if we can drop him off at his house because it’s less out of the way than having to take him home in the morning, and he says his parents would be pretty upset if he came home at this time in the morning (2:15 AM). I tell Aaron that if he sleeps at my house he’s not getting dropped off until after my brother’s company party tomorrow, which would be dinner-time-ish. He says that’s fine. Apparently while I was not in the room after we got back to my house (3:00 AM ish) he informs Anneli that he has to work at his grandma’s in the morning, but it shouldn’t be a big deal. I get the two of them to bed after a half hour to an hour, and I finally get to sleep.

SATURDAY:
Aaron comes in my room in the morning and wakes me up saying he got a nasty message from his parents asking why he wasn’t home yet because he was supposed to be at his grandma’s 20 minutes ago. So that means now I have to drive 45 minutes north to take Aaron home, another 45 minutes back towards my house, then another half hour south to my brother’s company party. 9:00 AM is my new wake-up time. Quite cranky from my less than 6 (prolly closer to 5) hours of sleep, I get ready and Anneli gets ready and we drive Aaron to his house. Of course all of this is MY fault because "I'm supposed to be Aaron's better judgement." Bullshit.

As we’re running through East Troy again, I call my parents to meet up with them for this party. They inform me that we need to pick up my brother from home. When we arrive home Nick is supposed to be ready to go. Where is he? Oh, rolling out of bed. Slacker. More time and gas wasted, and Rebecca’s still cranky.

We get to the party, which is kinda boring because, well, it’s a company party, and I don’t work for the company. Granted I knew some people, but still... Anneli and I lay out by their private lake for a while and tanned, which was nice until a wasp stung me in the leg. Bastard.

We had some food and decided to get going. The plan was to go shopping, but for some stupid reason the malls close at 6:00 on Saturdays, so we woulda had about 15 minutes if we got our asses in gear and really moved. But we were too tired and settled on a nap. That was nice.

When we woke up we headed to Milwaukee, this time to visit Nate and Caleb, where we knew we’d have a place to stay. haha That was a good time, but still very stressful for me. I won’t go into that.

SUNDAY:
I wake up, drive Aaron home, direct Anneli to the freeway, and get to go home myself. Now I have a ton of shit to do, so I’m going to stop writing this.



Peace

No comments: