Thursday, July 22, 2004

I like to drive all over Wisconsin

MONDAY:
So Monday I had to be up early to drive to Madison for a re-audition for the St. Mary's TV spot. After driving past the place I was supposed to go a few times due to poor labeling of the building (small sign blocked my minivan = not very effective). I really don’t think the re-audition went too well. I wasn’t “in the zone” if you will, just kinda spacey, and I really didn’t have much motivation. Now it’s Wednesday and I think they started shooting the series today, so I’m guessing the decision was already made. Oh well. I hear the pay wasn’t stellar, and I’m sick of trying to find these off-the-wall buildings.

The audition took less time than I had estimate, as did the overall driving. I stopped at Johnson Creek for my dad to look for something at the Black and Decker store. Turns out it’s no longer there, so I took that opportunity to shop. Got some good deals, which is nice. I continued to the Wal-Mart in Delafield, which also took less time than expected. I tried to waste time there also to no avail.

I continued my drive on to work, to which I arrived about 25 minutes early.
It was a good day because the food delivery guy for whom I make strawberry margaritas gave me a $10 tip.
It was a bad day because I only got $1 from a guy who made me listen for about an hour and a half about how much and why he loves Trading Spaces.
It was a good day because, thanks to our Reinhart man, over the past weeks I have become a margarita master.
It was a bad day because I only got to work for 2.5 hours.
It was a good day because after bartending I got to go to the martial arts school, where I make better wages.
It was a bad day because there wasn’t much to do there and I got bored.
It was a good day because it all ended in sleeping, and I love sleeping.

TUESDAY:
My mom woke me up early this morning (because she’s a compulsive early riser) so we could go to the mall so I could get khakis for the GMO and then go to Sam’s Club to stock up for the school picnic. I got 2 pairs of khakis from one store: amazing.

We got a bunch of stuff at Sam’s, but nothing really for me, so that’s probably not interesting because, obviously, all you do during YOUR uneventful days is read about what I’M doing...

At 6:30 I went to open gym volleyball at the ‘ol high school. It’s so weird playing with that group (going to be freshmen in high school) after playing with my Thursday Night Co-Ed League for so long (going to be seniors in or have graduated from college). Katie Smith, Sammi and I played 3 on 6, a rotating group of the 7 underclassmen, and we killed them so badly we had to do something else. It was really quite pathetic, but fun at the same time because it wasn’t at all serious. I hope you like run-on sentences...

That night I went to Brad’s. Lotsa drama that I don’t feel like typing, so I won’t, but if you wanna ask, feel free.

WEDNESDAY:
Today I got up early again to find a nice package in the mail. That made me late to pick up Emily, especially after my mom spilled water all down the front of my khaki skirt. Emily and I headed to Madison noting that they close a lot or roads for “construction,” and there’s usually none at all. Assholes.

When we got to Madison we decided to grab lunch at Potbelly’s, which was amazing. The A’ Wreck: I recommend it. ;-) After lunch Emily said I had to look into some of the new boutiques with the sickeningly expensive clothes that were just oh-so-worth-it. Bear in mind this is on the level of bringing an alcoholic to an open bar. At the very first store I found a $300 dress on sale for 70% off. It was such a steal, and of course the one in the entire store was my size and it fit perfectly.

That was my one purchase all day though, so it worked out. We went to some other stores, but nothing struck my eye. I went to my agency after that for the Go-See. Prolly didn’t go too well because I was the first one. Oh well. We’ll wait to hear back...or not. Who knows?

I then sped to work because they started late. Made it in the knick of time cuz I’m pimp like that. I was hostessing today, and if I do say so myself, I held it down like a pro. Watch out! No tips, but why would I want to make $80and up like everyone else? Pff...


Well I need to get up early (5 AM) to work at the GMO tomorrow, so I’m going to bed. Maybe I’ll put up some links tomorrow. Maybe not. We’ll see. Good night all.

No comments: