Thursday, July 27, 2006

"You saw everyone has an angel...I think everyone has a devil waiting in the wings" -O.A.R.

I even push my own due date back to Wednesdays, and it’s still late. Sorry gang. Happy Day-After-Humpday! Good news: one day of the workweek left for all of you with real jobs…uh, unlike myself.

Let’s see, since last Wednesday I’ve worked at the golf course five days. I feel like I never leave, and I’m finally getting the hang of how they operate. Thankfully all this is happening just in time for the end of summer. Better late than never, right?

Last Saturday I worked yet another Ozzfest at the glorious Alpine Valley Music Theater. Years past I’ve had to be in at 7 Am, but this year it was 8 AM. Believe you me, I was a happy girl. Not so happy that my stand didn’t have to be operational until 3 PM, however. Logic here? I’m not sure. There must have been some, but people just are not looking for $8 beer at 8 in the morning. Especially not when they can drink their less-than-$8-per-six-pack beer in the parking lot. The show went alright, though. I recognized maybe three songs anyone played all night…

Roma’s has been good. Last Sunday was slow, but my regular crowd was there, and they were a good time. This Saturday (as in the 29th, yes, two days from today) we’re hosting another comedian in the bar. $7 admission; show starts at 9:00. The lovely Kate and I will be there bartending, so we’d love for some of your friendly faces in the crowd. ; )

Volleyball last Thursday went well. We only lost one of the games (therefore winning the match), and it was a close back and forth battle. No shame there. Speaking of volleyball, I’ve gotta be getting there. Sorry again for the late update. Check for another one next Wednesday (fingers crossed), and hopefully it’ll have more links and whatnot.

Rebecca~

No comments: