Wednesday, July 05, 2006

"I Don't Want To Stand Here And Say I'm Sorry. I Just Want To Drink Beer And Play Atari. You Can Tell Your Mom How I Make My Money. I Don't Care."

Happy 4th of July! Well, at least it was when I typed this... The internet is on the fritz.

It’s been a busy week. I worked somewhere or another every day except last Tuesday. Monday night Brian tried to catch a line drive during rec league softball with his ankle. He wouldn’t let me take him to the hospital to get it checked out until Tuesday, though. Luckily it wasn’t broken, but understandably it was still pretty painful. Tuesday I spent the day taking care of him, so that was pretty much like work anyway. Good work, though.

Thursday I got a special visit from Steph all the way from Ripon. It was gorgeous out, and we got to spend the day on the lake relaxing. LOVELY! Today was great too. AMAZING weather. If you weren’t outside today, you should have been.

Friday was interesting. I did another promotion for Axe, this time for the Body Spray. I’m pretty sure I said, “have you experienced the Axe Effect?” about a thousand times. And don’t get me wrong, I’ve done enough work for Axe that I’ve learned to love the smell, but it was so poorly ventilated that I was gettin pretty light-headed. I can’t wait to do it all again this Friday.

Saturday and Sunday Dave Matthews graced Alpine Valley. The crowd was surprisingly better the first night than the second. After the show on Sunday some fans got into my beer cooler and thought it would be funny to chuck 7 kegs down the lawn (6 empty, 1 full). As far as I’ve heard no one was hurt, just some fences.

Last night we got to watch the Summerfest fireworks at Veteran’s Park from the sweet spot Elise’s family staked out. After the show we headed over to Katie’s apartment and got to meet Elise’s new boyfriend, Matt. He survived all of our interrogation and initiation. Props to him!

I still haven’t worked at Geneva National since before I left for Florida. I couldn’t explain that if I wanted to. It’s frustrating, though. Roma’s was busy last week, but I won’t be there until Saturday night this week. I missed the last 3 sand volleyball games, though: the 1st 2 for Florida, then last week because of last-minute work. If anyone is interested in coming this Thursday, let me know.

No comments: