Thursday, August 03, 2006

"I was out of touch, but it wasn't because I didn't know enough; I knew too much" -Gnarls Barkley

Well there goes another week. It just FLEW by! I actually had yesterday off of both jobs and completely plan free, BUT I didn’t even realize it had been a week since I last wrote. Unfortunately the upcoming workweek doesn’t look much better: another six days at the golf club, but only one where I also have to close the bar afterward. Upside: I have the day after off, which seems to be the best possible placed day off I’ve seen in a while.

We rocked volleyball last week. We had a double header, and one of the teams was the one currently ranked first in our league. Like the champs we are, we took all three games with what didn’t seem to be much effort. In the second match we won the first two, and narrowly dropped the third. Everyone was pretty exhausted. During game 5 I had to ask what game we were on. Bad sign.

Saturday we threw a graduation party at the house for my brother. It sounded like a good time with great food and even greater company, but unfortunately I missed it for my workoholics anonymous meeting...which ironically takes place at work.

Actually Saturday night was a blast: not only did I get to work with Kate who’s always chipper and fun, but also Roma’s hosted another comedian. The opener was good: funny, but didn’t respond to the crowd very well. The headliner, Tim Joyce, was AMAZING!! I wish I were working the next show... :-/

I wish I had something more interesting to write about than work. A mere 18 days until I move back into school, though, so hopefully that’ll generate some good stuff for ya. As for this week, enjoy the links.

Rebecca~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, work is a big part of our lives, don't feel you have nothing to say just because that's what you are busy doing.

It's not like we are expecting you to bring about world peace or otherwise win the Nobel Prize in your spare time.

I thought about submitting my little blog, but in hindsight I don't think I write about anything interesting enough for others to want to read.

Oh hush... :p

If you add your site it'll actually be helpful.