Wednesday, July 19, 2006

This Is What I Brought You, This You Can Keep

Another late update; my apologies. The last few days have been unbelievably busy. The beginning of the week started out nice and low key, though. Out to dinner a few times, got a dress for Kari’s wedding that Saturday, nothing too earth-shattering. (Except that I cleaned and reorganized my room Wednesday. This is the cleanest I’ve seen my room in years, no joke.)

Thursday I was called in early for the bev cart. Night owls like myself like to know when they will be expected to pull their strength-less bodies from their beds at an ungodly morning hour to go to work. Knowing is all I ask. Is that too much? Rhetorical question, because we’ve all heard me whine about this before. Luckily I was back again on Friday, making two financially underwhelming days in a row.

Not to let my workaholic self slack, I also worked a wedding Friday night after being on the cart all morning. It was a small group of 55, but the place was loud. After singing Karaoke Thursday night and yelling over the noise in the wedding Friday, I was well on my way to developing Sunday’s voiceless self.

Saturday morning I made my way to Neenah for grandma Kari’s wedding. It was so cute to see her and Dan together, all dolled up and finally tying the knot. Speaking of all dolled up, recall the dress I purchased earlier in the week? So I arrived at the Venessa’s house to get ready for the ceremony, and Kaplan walks out of the house already dressed. “What a cute dress!” I think to myself. Upon further inspection, even after spending 2 months apart we still have the exact same taste: we picked out the exact same dress. As if people didn’t confuse the two of us enough!

The ceremony was short, like 25 minutes. It was nice because it was 100˚+ outside, but coming from a Catholic family I wondered where the rest of the wedding went. The reception was really nice too. The room was gorgeous, and there was a cheesecake on every table. What more could a girl want?

Of course I had to be back for work again on Sunday. Last week Sunday lunch was super busy, so I came in early to help with the lunch crowd if need be. We saw all of 6 people. Oh, that must have been because they all showed up for dinnertime. I usually see in the ballpark of 20 people my entire Sunday, but this week I had more than 20 in the bar for a good few hours. I never realized how much the heat really convinces people to go or order out!

Monday I worked for Kate so she could prepare for a speech. Once again I was really busy from what I remember of her Mondays. I also thought about sitting down to write this last Monday, but I wrote a review for the comedy show Roma’s hosted on Saturday instead, and I was out of writing creativity. Anyone in the ET area who wants to come to the next one, let me know. It’s Saturday, July 29th at 9 PM.

I had to work bright and early at the golf course again on Tuesday morning. After 3 hours of sleep and sleep deprivation since the last time I worked, this felt like one of the longest shifts I’ve had. Nonetheless, I came home and attempted to write this update. And fell asleep. That’s right, I was sitting on my bed with my laptop, paused for a moment, and fell asleep. I think we’re good now. I hope.

Happy Humpday, readers!
Rebecca~

No comments: