Sunday, June 25, 2006

This Sure As Hell Ain't Normal, But We Deal, We Deal... -PANIC! At The Disco

This week just seemed to fly by. The end of the Florida trip went well. We basically relaxed and socialized Wednesday, cleaned house Thursday morning, and were in transit home Thursday afternoon and evening. While we were all sitting around on Wednesday the family was swapping some pretty interesting stories. This particular story was about my grandma:

Yes, she's really as sweet as she looks. Anyway, apparently she was watching Erin Brockovich a while back. I guess there's a part in the movie where Erin produces an enormous number of signatures or something along those lines. A co-worker asked how she got all of those, and Erin says "I gave 200 blow jobs today." So dear, sweet, soft-spoken grandma was recapping this story on a car ride with daughters Mary and Kathy and their husbands, and grandma follows up, "doesn't that just sound like our Kathy?" Dear, sweet grandma had no idea what a blow job was. From what we can tell it was supposed to be a compliment, like "our Kathy, what a go-getter." Not quite the same effect...

Home has been nice so far. Friday afternoon before I had to work we went out slalom skiing for the first time this summer. It was a great time, but I'm clearly out of shape: my body STILL hurts and it's Sunday. Even little things like walking up stairs makes my legs ache, and shifting my car into 6th and reverse has become a pretty tough task for my wimpy little arm muscles. Long story short, I'm pathetic.

Last night I went to boyfriend's football game. They lost terribly. LIke, 25-0 terribly. Ouch. What do you say to that? It was their first game of the season, so I'm chalking it up to "working the bugs out." If anyone has free Saturday nights and wants to keep my company at the games, that'd be super.

Off to work. A+ for me for finally getting this out while it's still Sunday!
Rebecca~

No comments: