Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Weather Is Here, Wish You Were Beautiful! - Jimmy Buffett

Greetings from Florida! This is the first access to internet I've had since Sunday, so I thought I might as well send out a mid-trip update while I was managing all of my other messages.

Last Tuesday was a great farewell to Wisconsin. I got to spend the afternoon on the lake just enjoying the weather and my company (Brian), then went out the dinner and spent the evening with the boy as well. Wednesday the rain ruined my lake plans as usual and I spent the day inside cleaning instead. I of course put off packing for our trip until about 10 PM.

We got up bright an early to get to the airport. Usually 4 AM is closer to my bed time than my wake-up alarm, but apparently today I have to run on the rest of the world's clock. We had what I would consider one of my best-timed trips to the airport in all of my travels: we arrived, parked, walked to check-in, checked in, made our way through security, and arrived at our gate, and we only had to wait about 5 minutes before they started boarding. For some that's too close for comfort, but for ME it's confirmation that I wasn't needlessly awake when I could have spent more time sleeping.

Most of our time down here has been spent at my Aunt Kathy and Uncle Ralph's home, in and around their lovely saline pool. I've been here 6 days and I'm way past spoiled. A few trip highlights: Saturday night my Uncle Tony's band was playing at this restaurant/bar place in Daytona Beach. I have photos (many) if anyone is interested. Monday we rented a pontoon for the day and spent 8 hours on the water in the sun looking for gators and manatees. The quest produced lots of gators and suntan, but no manatees. Again, I have plenty of pictures. Today we putzed around at a few of the local establishments, hit up the beach, and spent more time at Aunt Kathy's. Tomorrow we're heading into Daytona, and we're flying back Thursday evening.

I hear my Wisconsin readers are enduring hotter and more humid weather than we are down here in Florida. Overall it's been in the mid 80's to mid 90's and less humid than I remember. It's only really rained once while we've been here. Overall it's been great.

Until next week,
Perkalicious~


(Sorry, no time for links and whatnot!)

No comments: