Monday, June 12, 2006

"These Days, These Nights, Are So Ordinary" -Lucky Boys Confusion

Thursday I finally got to go get my oil changed, and rather than sit around and wait for them to do it, I decided to test drive some cars at the dealership. Just for fun I asked if I could take the 2006 edition of my car out for a spin. If you have a spare 30 minutes or so, I highly recommend test driving one for yourself. Lovely.

Thursday night we had sand volleyball again. Just like every week so far there were some new additions to our line-up, but at least we had 6. A narrow 26-28 loss in the second game, but we took the match in game three. Every week we play I see more and more people I knew from high school. Don't get me wrong, it's nice seeing people I know, just a little weird since I'd never seen anyone I knew the past two years playing there.

Once again on Friday I have big plans to go out on the lake and get some sun, but the sun was less that cooperative. Instead I cleaned my room. Fuuun. (not)

Saturday was our first concert of the season at Alpine. Jimmy Buffett put on a great show, I think, although I was all near the top of the hill and working through the performance. I work at the Import Station where we have 25 different beers for sale, most of which are imported and not twist-off tops. About halfway through the show somebody decides that they need my bottle opener more than I do and walks off with it. THAT made the night interesting. The stage looked pretty festive, but not as much as previous years I didn't think.


The other interesting thing was that we weren't allowed to give out ANY bottles, even if they were plastic, which meant we had to pour everything into cups and throw the bottles away, We had one garbage can. That filled up around 7 PM. The best part was that we kept asking for things that would help us do our job (change the garbage, another garbage, LIGHTS), but nothing ever got done. Here's Jamie (the girl I work with) and I with our semi-cleaned stand at the end of the night.



Yesterday night I was at Roma's again. The remodeling is looking really nice. The main bar is at the point where we can no longer serve from it, though, so we're transferring shop to the banquet room bar. The old flooring has all been ripped out of the main bar, and they are laying the new tile. Rumor has it they will be able to be back in and operating on Thursday. Too bad I won't be able to see it for it's big debut: I'll be in florida with my mom visiting family.

I'll try to send out another update while I'm there, but we'll see what internet options I have. Have a great week! I hope everyone (in this area) enjoys this great weather we should be having!

Rebecca~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a dump... you should try to clean those empties out of your room next time you do some cleaning... :p

Yes, I am kidding!