Thursday, June 08, 2006

Hey baby, you like fine cooking? Cuz you know what? I've got a Swanson dinner in the freezer...with your name on it!

Oops, what do you know? It's Wednesday already (Friday by the time this made it to my blog). The beginning of last week was slow. As far as I knew the whole week would be slow, just out on the beverage cart on Thursday. When I got into work, I found out I also had to be at 7 AM on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Always nice to know. That made Sunday a nice long day, working from 7 AM, then driving straight to Roma's and working until close there. I also worked last night, which is why I don't think I remembered to write this until today.

We WON in sand volleyball this week. It musta been all the great fan support we had. Thanks to Jamie and to Katie & Co. for coming out. We play again this Thursday -- er tomorrow -- (in Wind Lake at Kelly's Bleachers II) at 8:30 if anyone is free.

Monday was a pleasant surprise from Steph: she stopped to visit me on her way up to her apartment in Ripon from her home in IL. We went to Sauce in Milwaukee for dinner Monday night. By dinner I mean food at 9:50 PM, which in our case was dinner. If you've never been there, I highly recommend it. We had great plans to go out on the lake Tuesday, but did the weather cooperate? Of course not. Rained until about 10 or so and was sunny for a little while, and as soon as we got out on the water it was overcast with a chilly wind. Figures.

Saturday night I went to the Troy Center street dance, and that was quite the high school reunion. I saw one girl there, Lindsey, with whom I went to the same preschool in Lake Geneva and we both coincidentally to move to East Troy in second grade. So we catch up a little; she's married now. Another girl from my high school class who I saw is as good as married. When did all of this happen?! I have to admit I felt kind of behind...

Our first Alpine Valley concert is this Saturday: Jimmy Buffett. That should be a pretty good crowd for everyone to get in the swing of things. Since my stand is the only one that sells Corona, we always hope this show will be a good one for us, but it fluctuates. Wish us luck!

Rebecca~

P.S. Happy Birthday to Mary (uh, Wednesday)!

No comments: