Monday, May 29, 2006

Is the Thong Song really still popular?

Wow, another super-busy week. Monday morning I woke up with pink eye. Not fun. I couldn’t get in to see my eye doctor of my regular doctor until the next day, so I basically just dealt with it. Tuesday I went to Madison with my dad for his neck checkup thing, and I finally got my eye drops. TAKE THAT, pink eye!

Did I get my prescription filled at our local pharmacy, right next door to my eye doctor, though? I sure did not. Don’t get me wrong: I’ve always tried to support smaller businesses when I can. I walked into the pharmacy and stood at the counter for probably 6 or 7 minutes without anyone saying “hello” or “I’ll be right with you.” I saw 4 staff members. No one said a word. Angrily I left, deciding I could find a Walgreens somewhere in Madison. Did anyone say “goodbye” or “have a nice day” or “thank you”? No. How do businesses survive like that?! I was furious.

Anyway, I covered a bar shift at Roma’s Wednesday. I got lots of weird “who are you” looks since I was wearing my glasses (no contacts with pink eye). A couple regulars even asked me my name and reintroduced themselves.

Thursday I got really excited for volleyball once again. As I was driving out to Wind Lake I finally checked my voicemail since I have poor reception at home. I had so many that by the time I got the “the other team forfeited; don’t bother driving out” message I was already halfway there. Kinda ruined my night.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I worked again. I don’t really have any good stories, and the three nights all blend together. I feel like I never really leave. We’re remodeling, though, so getting there Friday and Saturday blew me away, walking into a literally torn apart bar. So much for any cleaning the closer did the night before. Right now all of our lighting has been replaced, the ceiling tiles are all new, and the wallpaper has been stripped. The walls will begin to be painted tomorrow. It looks like night and day.

I feel like I hardly ever hear from some of you, though. Feel free to drop a line and let me know what’s new. I’d love to hear from you!

Rebecca~

No comments: