Saturday, March 19, 2005

Life is a Highway

So it's been a while, but I've been kept busy with the new damage to my car. For those swho haven't heard the story yet, I was completely stopped, waiting in a left turn lane for the Ford Windstar in front of me. Since the traffic was pretty steady and I wasn't expecting to be able to go anytime soon, I was cleaning up some stuff in my car, and I look up to see her back up lights on. Apparently she got sick of waiting and was going to just back up and keep going down the freeway until there was another place to turn left. She was in a hurry, so she said she glanced behind her and didn't see anyone, threw it in reverse and hit the gas. Lucky for me (sarcasm), I have a little car. We called the cops, and they wrote up a report (just in case).

The visible damage pretty much amounted to the 2-inch (if that) crack in the bumper below the driver's front headlight as you can see here: My poor car  : ( I had to go back to Concours (the lease company) to get an estimate. Apparently there's something internally wrong with the driver's headlight, so that has to be replaced, as does the entire front bumper. You add in the cost of the parts, alignment, paint, labor, and another Mazda logo and we have ourselves a $1,534.61 repair bill. Wouldn't you know there's no damage to her vehicle?

Friday I cleaned the inside of my car, so whenever I find time to leave my car at the dealership for a week, the whole thing will be as good as new. : )

In other news, my family is getting a new Suburban. I really think this was a spur of the moment decision, because I never really heard about it before "hey Rebecca, want to go look at Suburbans tonight?" on Wednesday, and Saturday morning we have a new one sitting in our driveway. Not that I'm complaining. 9 years newer is a lot nicer.

Time to go do taxes. Keep your fingers crossed for a return!

No comments: