Friday, March 04, 2005

Friday: Just What the Doctor Ordered

Still sick, but I saw the nurse today. We did a mono test and found out that was negative, which is great. (I posted a link to the info since I know someone will ask.) Now she's thinking it might be a bad strain of the flu. Either way, she recommended a bunch of over the counter stuff I can try over the weekend to releive symptoms. If I still feel shitty Monday, I'm supposed to come in and see the doctor.

I only missed one class today, so I'm getting better with that! Work was rough since I was pretty out of it the whole night. The people that came in were cool, though. Good tips even though it was pretty slow. I'm excited that I found a replacement for my waitressing shift tomorrow and can bartend the wedding party at Grey Rock, the fine dining restaurant on property. All and all, it should be a nice tip weekend.

On a sadder note, Theta Chi initiation weekend has taken over what seems like all my best guy friends. This is very depressing, and I have no one's ass to kick in Mario Kart. Next week should be better. Congrats to all those new thetas on their initiation, and congrats to the rest of the house on their new class. I'm sad I'll be in Colorado on April 2nd and will miss my first theta formal since I've been at Ripon. I hope I hear lots of stories.

I also wish my car had some of these security systems, particularly the last one...



Vanessa: He just likes her because he wants to make out with her. Admit it, that's all men ever want.
Pat: Alright, I admit it, we all have penises and we just want to see if they work.

Police officer: You're lucky I didn't give you a DUI tonight.
Sean: And I'd like to know just how you were going to do that. I blew a 0.002 and when you talked to me I wasn't in my car. So honestly, not only did you not have the UI...you were fresh out of D also.

No comments: