Thursday, August 24, 2006

"Bring on the [freshmen] and their pick-up lines!" -Gretchen Wilson

It’s been a busy two weeks. Sorry I’ve been scarce, and thanks to those of you who badgered me enough to make sure this one got out even though it’s a day late. The two-week update task is kinda overwhelming, so I’ll try to categorize.

Work: The end of my run at the golf course was nice and stressful. I was blessed with 4 days of poor shifts in a row as my final 4 days there. Luckily Roma’s was good. Not good financially, just good for all the same reasons I love Roma’s. Alpine still has two shows remaining, one this weekend and another in October.

School: Today was day two of classes. Fortunately day two was significantly better than day one. Today I was supposed to have two hours of my senior seminar, and it lasted 15 minutes. Glorious! Day one I was assigned a gigantic amount of homework for tomorrow and Monday. Aye. On the plus side, I’m pretty much settled into my room. It could use some decorating, but for now it’s acceptable. And I only forgot a few (dozen) essentials at home...

Comedy Sportz: Tuesday Ripon College was graced once again by the traveling comedy group known as Comedy Sportz. They’re usually a pretty good time. They’re an even better time when you’re on stage like I was. Ahhhh, love these guys. They’re based in Milwaukee, and next time I’m home (fall break maybe? over Christmas?) I think it’d be fun to get a group together and go. Any takers?

Boys: I’ve been witnessing a lot of relationship drama lately. It makes me glad that I don’t have that on my already overloaded-feeling plate. There’s still no one in particular, but I thought it would be worth mentioning that there is a quite attractive crop of freshmen this year. ;)

Volleyball: Speaking of my plate, I’m thinking sporting might have to be scooped off the edge. It’s getting to be too far away, and there’s enough going on here at school to keep me content. Our captain is getting not-so-fun to play with, too, which makes the long drive from school seem even less worth it.

My Brain: Clearly it’s fading fast because as I’m writing I feel like it’s all just stream of consciousness, not all that focused. I guess I’ll wrap this up and hope for better luck next Wednesday.

Thanks for reading! Have a great week.
Rebecca~

No comments: