Tuesday, May 23, 2006

22 May 2006

Would you look at that? Another week has passed again. I think over the last week I wanted to sit down and write this update at least 3 different days because I felt like a week's worth of stuff had already happened. Now I've forgotten most of it.

I started training at Geneva National at 7 AM on Thursday morning. Frankly I'm surprised that I made it. I had been waking up early Monday through Wednesday mornings just to call them. It was a whole lotta phone tag, then a whole lotta training followed. 7-4 (9 hours) the first day, then 8-3 the next day (7 hours) because I had to work at Roma's that night.

Saturday morning I got to be on the cart all by myself. : -D It went alright, I think. GN has 3 18-hole courses, and each day one of them is designated as members-only. I was on the member course Saturday. A lot of them live within the Geneva National gates, so they don't want much: they bring their own coffee, they go home for lunch, etc. I wish it wasn't like that so I could make some money, but it's better than nothing, I suppose.

Roma's has been alright, but it all seems to be the restaurant being busy (read me making a lot of stuff for the wait staff) but the bar being kinda ho-hum. Then for all the stuff we make for the wait staff they tip us like $2 or $3 each for the whole night. Not great money.

Last night in the bar made me angry. There were some semi-regulars in there for several hours. Three of them ordered dinners, which was a pain to run around and take care of with so many orders coming from the wait staff. None of them tipped on their dinner bills, so I figured they'd leave a nice tip when they were done drinking. Of the 4 of them total, $9 was the biggest tip, with the two married persons leaving $2 in total. Their food alone was $19.95, let alone whatever they drank. I was extra upset because I wanted to go home but stayed open later just for them. We'll see if that ever happens again... >:o

On the up side, sand volleyball started at Kelly's Bleachers II this week Thursday. Of course I was exhausted from my early morning and 9 hours of training, and we had a double-header that night. Apparently since there are only 5 teams in our league this summer, at least one team will have a double header each night. Weird. Of our team of 6, 3 were there, and Katie came back and played with us. 4 on 6 in an A league is tough, and the underdog (us) did not prosper. Hopefully we'll have a full team next week and perform a little better.

Time for me to start unpacking some more college stuff. Happy 21st Birthday to Kate on Wednesday!!

<3 Rebecca~

No comments: