Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Weekly Update

Yes, accusations are correct, and I am falling behind on my posting. It probably won't help that I leave tomorrow for our second house (trying to make myself sound as rich as possible for whichever Anonymous keeps saying I am) to go skiing and boarding with my family. Unsure when we'll be back, but my parents want to drive back on January 1st so my mom can get work done around the house the 2nd because she has to be back at school the 3rd. I'd rather drive back New Year's Eve or the 30th so I can be home, but who knows what'll happen. No Internet for the duration of my stay there, though, so you'll have to live with phone contact. I'll have my cell, and if you call I'll probably give you the house number there because I don't have good reception at that house either.

For those of you that saw my away message and were worried, no, nothing is seriously wrong with my car. I had a few small concerns and I didn't know if they were legitimate or because I've never owned a Mazda before. Turns out they were legit, but I caught them early enough, it's not a big deal. The sucky part is that it was sub-freezing (I realize that's difficult for you southerners to fathom) so they didn't wash my car when they were done. (Yeah, rich people get their cars washed when they take them in to get serviced...) I'm realizing that when you're so low to the ground you get a lot more shit on your car, including on the top of the vehicle. Pretty much sucks.

School's out for winter break. Pretty sure finals went fine. I got a letter in the mail (for those of you dying to know what happened) about my room situation. Next semester my roommate is moving down the hall to a single-single: room meant for one and occupied by one. I get to keep the double single: room meant for two and occupied by one. I'm just glad things worked out.

Last but not least, the work update: since my family occupies 2 weeks of my break every winter for the ski/snowboard trip, I'm taking at least 2 weeks off from the Heidel House. I talked to my boss from East Troy and she said I'd probably get hours here for the remaining 2 weeks of break if I wanted them. I'll probably take them since I know it will be busier here than in Green Lake, plus I'd have bartending shifts here and wait shifts in GL. I go back to school Friday the 14th, so after then I'll be back at the Heidel House.

It's late and I have a long drive tomorrow, so I'm going to bed. Have a Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, and maybe even a Happy New Year if I don't post again before then.

No comments: