Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Recent Schiznit

As of today I've had a week's worth of classes. I have 5: Leadership & Democracy, Computer Science, Creative Writing: Poetry, Communication in Physical Education, and Motor Learning. They're going fince I guess. But people keep asking me what my major is.
I just plain have no idea. I'm open to suggestion, but is it wrong just to take whatever classes seem interesting?

I also started official work at the Heidel House today. It was so dead in there. I took 2 tables, one was just a couple who ordered 2 drinks on the patio. And I looked at my beautiful training checklist. I loved "practice carrying a drink tray" and "practice appropriate methods of approaching a table." You'd think we have no common sense whatsoever. Um, hold the drink tray so you don't drop anything, and introduce yourself to your table and ask if they want something to drink. There, now you too can be the most desired server on the floor...

On a side note, today is Bob's birthday, so Happy Birthday Bob. May he be blessed with a large SUV...


Bartending this weekend was great. Not much else to say there, except that I've never been hit on by so many guys in 3 consecutive days... Amazing, but at the same time, very helpful for tips.

Finally, Projekt Revolution was a great time. Although the tips could have been better, we were pretty slow, and that did give us time to watch the show. Snoop did an awesome set, and The Used was good too, with the exception of the poor acoustics for their set. It got fixed though, and Linkin Park ended the night really well. I'm glad I came back for the last show. Goodbye Alpine, until next summer.

1 comment:

antes da chuva said...

I just to say that your blog is so cool!