Thursday, August 12, 2004

Livin La Vida Trabajando

So I work nonstop, or so it seems. Then when I try to fit in free time hanging out with my friends, my family complains that they feel neglected. What's a girl to do?!?

I'll recap the past few days:

Dave Matthews Band Concert at Alpine. I suppose I'll post the little banners like I did before also:
Don't let the banner fool you, Saturday has been sold out for quite some time now, and Sunday was sold out by Saturday, I believe. Tips still left much to be desired. Damn young crowd: don't know the value of good, premium beer (hint hint, my station). Then they don't tip. Our stand was slow, and I'm thinking the next two shows will be the same:
They're predominantly younger crowds, and I'm really thinking about not even coming back to work Projekt Revolution. I'd have to miss the 2nd day of class in 2 different courses. I don't think that would leave a very good impression. On the other hand I have to come home that Sunday for a big ol banquet bartending shift anyway. I've yet to decide what to do about that last show.

Besides Alpine, I've just been working at Roma's. Kate got a job there, which should be fun. I get to train her tomorrow. Boo yah to Mitch's for treating her like shit... Kudos to her for leaving...

I move back tp Ripon in 5 days and counting. I can't wait to get back to school, but I'll miss my summer employment. I have a job promised to me at the Heidel House, a resort in Green Lake. I would have preferred a bartending position, but they said they are even more desperate for waitresses, and since I have waitressing experience and my current boss gave me an excellent recommendation, they're going to start me there instead. She said I can pick up bar shifts later if I want. Pff. Grr. Although, bartending and waitressing can come out about even, sometimes ever favoring the waitressing, if you play your cards right. It helps a little that I'll make an extra quarter an hour waitressing there, and the bartending wage is 50 cents less... I suppose that's neither here nor there, though.

And I've been having these wonderful back pains lately. Killer. Like, feel-like-an-invalid bad. Thank god for vikadin, that's all I have to say... My back is hurting just sitting here typing, so I'm going to get to bed. Brand new pillows: should be a great night.

~Bueno noche~

No comments: