Wednesday, December 06, 2006

"Just when you think you're in control, just when you think you've got a hold, just when you get on a roll...here it goes, here it goes again" - OK Go

Ripon experienced its first real stay-put snowfall last Friday. As for campus snow removal, they got a late start, making the trek to and from class quite interesting. The class buildings are all uphill from all of the dormitories. On the way back, I would describe my motion as snowboarding, except substitute what would be my boots with clogs and substitute my snowboard with...actually just take that out. Just crazy.

Saturday was our martial arts Federation's Annual Christmas Party and Awards Banquet. Both my mom and my dad earned their first-degree black belts in Judo, among a number of our other students getting various ranks and awards. I'm so proud! In situations like these you usually you see a picture of the proud parents with the accomplished child; for once the tables turned:

Danny was sweet enough to be my date. In particular I thought he did great. Last time I brought a guy to one of these types of things he was terrified of my parents AND everyone else in the room. I never understood why this was a frightening experience: a room full of people who could break you a dozen ways before you hit the ground. Oh wait, maybe that's it... In any event, props.

More papers this week. I have one final tomorrow, and the rest are take-homes. Three cheers for such an awesome finals schedule! It works out perfectly, actually, because I got a call from my agency for a go-see in Madison Monday. If all goes well with that I'll have a shoot next Wednesday. It's for some home development company. I'm sure I'll know more in the next few days. Wish me luck!

Stay sane!

<3 Rebecca~

No comments: