Friday, October 13, 2006

"If you reach deep inside you’ll see my heart is true" - 12 Stones

The past week hasn’t been terribly eventful. I did forget last week with everything else to report to mention that I made senior class board. We plan a bunch of stuff for the senior class. That’s pretty much all I know about it right now. BUT I do know that there are only 5 of us from the entire senior class, so that’s pretty pimp.

Saturday was busy but fun. In the morning we had an alumni cook out, which – with me planning it – turned into an alumni order-in. We got a big party sub from SubWay and hung out with some ADPi alumnae.

I left for home right afterward to head to the Aerosmith and Motley Crue concert. When I arrived I found out I would be working VIP instead of my normal Import Station. We were bummed at first because not only were we not warned, but we then found out we’d be getting done two hours later than expected. Booooooo. It turned out being pretty fun, better lit, and nice to not be the one responsible for making sure everything balances at the end of the night. Note for next year: take over VIP with girls who aren’t bitches, i.e. MY girls. :-D
(our before photo)


Afterwards I was able to meet up with my girls for a little while, and we saw a ton of people we knew, as usual. Emily and Kate and I ended up hanging out at my house catching up. It was great, like we never missed a beat. Then the girls went home. : ( Breakfast with the Mouilso family the next morning was amazing, though. It was good to see one family while I was home for my less than 24 hours, though.

Saturday Venessa and I get to go visit Kaplan in Minnesota. We’re stoked. I’m already done with all of my midterms (as of yesterday, as a matter of fact). That didn’t really matter too much, but it makes me feel accomplished. Anyway, I then get to come home on Wednesday and see my parents for the first time in what seems like a long time. I’ll let you know how all that stuff went next week.

This afternoon I worked a promo for Sunsilk. THAT was a blast. They sent me 450 samples ahead of times to pass out today, but they said that I needed to familiarize myself with them. Hello, tons of free shampoo and conditioner! It was pretty fun, but, like usual, a lot of mean rejection from people who don’t want to be pressured into buying something. Who doesn’t take free samples?!
What’s this world coming to
?!?

Anyway, that’s all for now. Take care, stay healthy (unlike me), and don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.

Rebecca~

No comments: